Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Hero ain't shit, but a sandwich with lettuce on it...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I have to admit that HNIC 1 & 2 definitely put my head back into prospective or put me back in check if you will. Prodigy is one of the few rappers out there who knows whats really going on and I not just talking about money or bitches which we all love... I'm talking about Bilderberg, Illuminati and even black presidents are still politicians and they are all corrupt and overrun by corporations and elite. Plus the dude is just super gangster which all sums up my taste in hip hop since the 80's, which brings me to the topic of discussion. This man has been putting so much raw shit out, when I heard about "Product of the 80's" I was a little doubtful and made the assumption of man here goes another rapper tryna do "The cool kids" style or some lil wayne/tpain/kanye autotune shit that makes everybody sound the same, but never again will I doubt my dude. This album has been on constant bump since I got it, Un Pacino has my favorite line of the year "A hero ain't shit, but a sandwich with lettuce on it." That line pretty much explains how I feel about allot of people in life, industry and humanity.
Big Twins has got the most grimey style of present rap, dude reminds me of the early 90's East Coast cats that got plucked off the block and given the opportunity to make rap money instead of crack money. Twins voice is powerful and would be intimidating to the soft ear "I got allot of dreams I can come up from an ounce." I know allot of fools have said shit related to that line, but when Twins says it, it sounds real and anybody ever put in that position can relate.
By far my number one joint on the album is "Sex, Drugs and Murder" the beat is cracking, it has the 808 gangster rap snare that just cracks and the dramatic druglord synths that type of shit that Prodigy is known for.
Overall the whole album is a banger and so far this year, this is my shit, next to HNIC2. As we all know big P is locked up in Upstate NY and Alchemist was kind enough to post his mailing address on his blog, so if you wanna write the God and I've seen letters come back, heres his writing address.

ALBERT JOHNSON
DIN #08A1481 10-2
PO BOX 2500
MARCY, NY 13403


So go purchase the album and put some money on his books, you won't be disappointed!

No comments: