Thursday, March 6, 2008

Queensbridge 2008



I still have hope for great things from the QB sector, fuck
what the other guys on this blog have to say. But things
are at a low point from the highs reached in the 90's.
Prodigy has already gone in for his jail sentence by now
for 3 years for the gun charge.

But before he went in he finished a number of projects.
The first of them to be released is H.N.I.C. 2, which will drop on
April 8 on Voxonic Music. I got the H.N.I.C. 2 advance and
it has an almost completely different tracklisting.

The advance is good, I'm hoping that the official release
measures up. Also Voxonic has created a software program
that can translate a voice into another language.
If you're interested, click below to hear Prodigy rap
in Spanish.

Prodigy - ABC




You might not have copped Big Noyd's albums, but you definitely heard
him on the Infamous album. Big Noyd's short verse on Mobb Deep's
"Give Up The Goods" displayed a dope delivery and charismatic voice.
Once you listen to his latest album Illustrious, you're going to wish
there were more cameos by other people and more beats by Havoc
or somebody else. It does have a few joints.
Be sure to check "Things Done Changed."




Nas will supposedly be dropping the album Nigger on April 22.
My guess is that this one will be worse than Hip Hop Is Dead.
But we'll see. I do dig the album cover, simple as it may be.



My question is what happened to the Nas & Premier album that
was talked about in the Scratch Magazine of early 2006?
It's one thing to never do the album. But to talk about something
of this magnitude and continuing to release mediocre albums is the worst.
In my world, this is worse than the Patriots losing the Super Bowl after
the perfect season. Nas, I hope you read this because you can still fix this one.

No comments: