Thursday, January 10, 2008

King Tee -> IV Life. The Original G, From The C-P-T


Once in a while, there comes an album that should have never slipped beneath the cracks of my listening domain. I specifically remember picking up this album in a store, ready to possibly buy this, but instead putting it aside for another time. That time never came until a few months ago, and man, what a travesty it would have been if I didn’t cop this one.

What made me think of getting this? I was listening to my favorite track on Dre’s 2001, which is “Some L.A. Niggaz”. And King Tee absolutely kills it. Nowadays we got all these rapsingers like 50 and Soulja Boy singing crappy hooks throughout the whole song over tinker toy beats. King Tee drops lines like anvils on your dome, but with style.

This is rap music at its finest. Slow head bobbing beats with lyrics that strike hard, making me feel like Killa Cali is the place to be. This shit right here is for muthafuckas that like rap and keep yak in the ride on a blunted tip. No trying to make you dance type nonsense here.

These beats and rhymes are from 95, yet it made me bob my head more than most of the albums I’ve heard in 2007. Chalk this up for best of 2007 for me. I’m not trying to say good shit isn’t being made today, but it’s ridiculous something this good got slept on by me and many others.

No comments: